APCC NEWS 2019
31st ASIAN PACIFIC CHILDREN CONVENTION AT FUKUOKA, now named as “BRIDGE KIDS PROGRAMS”:
India has once again been invited to participate at this event to be held between July 14th, 2019 to July 25th, 2019.
Slogan this time: “We are the BRIDGE: We connect dreams around the world.”
2 boys and 2 girls as Junior Ambassadors and 1 Chaperon will be selected to represent India. The registration fees per participant is US $ 100.
The basic requirements for Junior Ambassadors are:
• To have been born between August 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008.
• To be of sound mind and body
• To be aware of the objectives and vision of the APCC and continue to act in an OMOIYARI” spirit as a global citizen and contribute to the activities of BRIDGE CLUB even after the participation in APCC.
• To have much curious about the Japanese way of life and culture and willing to participate in it and to try Japanese Food.
• To be independent enough to stay alone with host family (i.e. able to bear the stress of a 2-week stay in an unfamiliar country, away from parents)
• To be able to communicate in English to satisfy their daily needs.
• To be able to introduce their own cultures while they are in Japan.
• Must be personally willing to participate in APCC and have a sincere interest in International Exchange.
Further, this year APCC has come out with a new concept of taking additional JA participants on cost basis. The approx. cost of per JA is JPY164,000 and the same will have to be borne by individual JA.
Please fill the application in the format given and send along with the scrapbook with the relevant enclosures for Junior Ambassadors as well as Chaperon. The same should reach NHQ latest by 10th January, 2019.