Action Taken :
• As per guidelines received to celebrate World Blood Donor’s day on 14th May in collaboration with Red Cross Society , President JFP Mirang Shah reached out to Chairman of Red cross society – Anand and PZP Jc Upendra Shah to organize a blood donation camp on 13th and 14th May.
• Upon receiving confirmation, Complete project preparation was carried out with Red cross society – Anand Team headed by Dr. Nirav Patel, in charge of Blood donation camp arrangements.
• JCI Anand received confirmation from Tour Co-Ordinator to NP sir – Jc Kandarp Gajjar – for previledge to have NP sir during Blood Donation Camp.
• Final Schedule for Blood Donation Camp was prepared and sent to all members , in accordance with NP sir’s visit to Jaycees of Anand.
• Reminder message in the morning via SMS and Whatsapp to all LOM members
• JCI Anand’s Team was at venue 30 minutes in advance to fix banners, confirm requested facilities and arrange required materials such as tables, stationary, chairs, drinking water and snacks.
• Juices, coffee and mineral water was continuously distributed among donors during the event to keep them hydrated and energized.
• Question / Answer session was conducted with Doctors regarding importance of Hemoglobin and food habits to help maintain good amount of hemoglobin in blood
• Recording via photographs through the event was performed by Jc Kush Rathod.
✓ JCI Anand members reached the venue on time
✓ Project organized in association with Red cross society ,Anand.
✓ Good P.R. was achieved through the event.
✓ Support to UNSDG #3 – Well Being
✓ 13 units of blood was collected on 1st day and 8 units on 2nd day – Totaling 21 units through donation by JCI Anand members and others.
✓ All present actively participated and encouraged the donors.
✓ NP sir”s presence highly motivated all available there.
✓ Fellowship was achieved among all present
✓ Red cross society – Anand’s team appreciated JCI Anand’s efforts towards social service
✓ All Jc members took the pledge of donating blood when required and devote their efforts towards saving lives of fellow citizens in need
✓ Value of life was reinstated in to everyone
✓ Everyone present gained knowledge regarding shelf life of donated blood – 5 days for platelets, 35 days for RBCs and 1 year for frozen plasma
✓ Project received press coverage and was published in leading local newspapers (http://sardargurjari.com/visitor/epaper/epaper.aspx)